Monday, October 1, 2012

Creepy!

My parents threw an incredible Engagement Party for us on Saturday night. While sipping on glass number 3 (?) of red wine, my friend asks if I'm ready for next weekend.

Huh?

Oh right. The marathon. I completely forgot that it was next weekend! I truly thought I had a few more weeks for training. Whoops! That totally creeped up on me BIG TIME

No worries, I'm feeling good. I've been running more frequently than I have for other marathons, and I got in several 9 milers on my own and did a half marathon two weeks ago.

PLUS! Get this! The weather is going to be FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! High of 55, low of 40. Beautiful running conditions for this girl.

Now all I need to do is figure out what I'm going to wear:
a) Something corny like "The Chicago Mere-a-thon" (always a classic)
or
b) "Runaway Bride" since there's a high likelihood that this will be my last marathon with my last name before it changes!

Suggestions?

No comments: