Monday, February 4, 2008

Training Day One

Today was just like any other day: One class, studied, looked for a post-graduation career. After a career semiar about how to interview at job fairs, I sloshed (literally) through the melting 8-10 inches of snow we got last Friday. Everything's melting and puddles are impossible to avoid through campus. My trusted Columbia boots carried me over to McCormick Pool where I swam for the first time in over 3 months. I really need to work on my technique. The last time I swam, I taught myself how to breath out of my left side (as opposed to my right side, which has been the only was I knew how to before that!). So tonight, I worked on getting my rhythm down. Thirty-five minutes of that seemed like enough, so I picked up my stuff and headed outside where it was POURING. I waited a few minutes for it to slow down, then as I walked back through the Quad, quickly realized that I should have left my suit, goggles, and cap on because the water was so deep in some areas swimming might have been faster! We got a serious flash flood tonight causing all the snow to melt and the drains couldn't keep up. I got some extra exercise as I helped a girl push her car UPHILL through our street that had severely flooded.

No comments: