Saturday, February 16, 2008

What a LOVEly day for a run!

Wowzer, the weather finally took a minor break from it's 9 day straight cloud-fest. No seriously, Central Illinois was sporting a gray look that, quite frankly, was getting rather depressing. No fear, though, because the sun has been out for two days, and on Thursday (Valentine's Day) the temps almost hit 40!
After a nice Valentine's Day dinner with someone, I headed home, changed into some spandex (mmmm spandex!) and went on a run with my friend Heather. She said she had to run 7 miles, but would be content running for an hour. So we took off. What a difference it makes running WITH someone! We kept a nice quick pace, but not too quick since we LOVE to talk! We ran for 50 minutes, and once I got back to my apartment, I went on to mapmyrun.com and according to it's calculations, we ran 7 miles! So if all of that is accurate, we did a VERY nice Valentine's day workout!
Though my quads are uber sore now, it's a good feeling. When I get back from Chicago, I will do some mapping out of where I need to be in regards to training. After all, I want to do this right. No more pony league, I'm ready to actually race this season.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hoooooly moly lady 7min miles!! Rock out!

=)