Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Coach Troy made the entire week PAINFUL!

But it was the GOOD kind of painful. Sort of. :-) We did a Spinverival DVD that wasn't necessarily LONG, but HARD. The description given at the beginning of the workout was very accurate: your legs will be shaking by the end of it. (Next time, I'll put chocolate milk in a small water bottle and rest it on my legs, because between the shaking legs and the cold from the garage, I bet a delicious milkshake could come out of it, and trust me, after that workout, you DESERVE a treat!!) Hard gears pushing hard, followed by getting off the bike for squats, then repeat. Ugh! Deliciously painful.

The next day, sore sore sore sore sore! Muscles I believe haven't been used since I used to work on that orange farm using my knees as the orange juice press were being whipped back into shape. (Wonder if that farm is hiring again, I bet my production level is getting higher now).

The next day after that? SORE SORE SORE SORE SORE. I may have had issues walking. Just a little bit. Oh well. Still totally worth it.

The recovery ride we all did one week later seemed like a joke. Looks like it was supposed to be done the day AFTER the hard spin. Oops. Learned for next time!

Would I do it again? You'll know a few weeks when that DVD gets through the rotation, but odds are, yes. Yes, I will do that over and over again.


Oh and as far as diet is concerned, March 1st is the kickoff date for nutrition boot camp (aka me kicking my own butt for not eating properly). Why? March 1st seems like a solid day. It's 6 months from Ironman Wisconsin, my milk expires 2 days after that, so clearly I have to go grocery shopping for more milk, might as well get some veggies and fruits while I'm there, and I get paid the following Monday, so at least I'll be happy in one aspect of my life considering my stomach will miss its best friend: ice cream.

No comments: