Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FRIENDS!

As pathetic as this may sound, I finally have friends in Vermont! Granted, it took roughly 8 months to do so, but--darn it--I'll take what I can get in this tiny, tiny town.

I signed up for the local rec center (if you can call it that). I took a 'tour' of the place and literally kept one foot in place, pivoted, and saw it all: two treadmills, one elliptical, some free weights, a stationary bike, two locker rooms, and a decent pool. Pool, you say? I'm in. So I registered. A whopping $47.50 for my one year membership later, I am a registered 'athlete' in the eyes of the Bennington-ites.

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to sneak away and see Matt in Cleveland. I brought Kelly with me, too. Matt is so patient: he went shoe shopping with me (the only shoe shopping I do: running shoes), then went for a short run with me to break the shoes in. Kelly came, too. The shoes feel good, they're slowing being broken in as I go on short runs with Kelly back home now.

Today, went out for a beer after work to vent with a co-worker, then came home, ran 3 miles with Kelly, then am about to head out to Masters Swim. These are my new friends: the triathletes that come from all over to swim on Tuesdays and Saturdays. They are SO NICE and it's just the greatest feeling to know that there are other people in the area who share common interests! Yay!

Race day is 8 weeks away--training kicks in for sure now!

No comments: