Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Fever

It's finally starting to warm up. Thank goodness. Vermont is FREEZING and this winter seemed to last longer than it should have.

I'm starting a new SIP (self-improvement plan) tomorrow (3/9) because I have a 3-day Ironman in just two months and I really ought to do some training for this. I will be fine with the swim (membership to the pool starts tomorrow), and running has never been a problem for me, but I'm terrified for the bike. No really, I get that uneasy feeling in my stomach when I think of 112 miles through mountains. And the majority of my bike training will be on my trainer since Vermont has the ingenious idea of using rocks and dirt instead of salt during winter storms. That probably won't get cleaned up for quite a while.

I need to cut weight, too. I'm at a weight that I'm not proud of and I know training will be easier if I knock off a few pounds.

Well, better rest up for the start of real training!

No comments: