Saturday, March 21, 2009

Slow Starts

I've been so tired lately that I truly have no energy for much activity besides work and sleep. Don't worry, it's warming up so I can start biking. It will be a while before Oscar or Tobias hit the road because Vermont uses sand/dirt/rocks instead of salting the roads, so I don't want to get repeat flats on my ride. Mountain biking will be a good to start out. Kelly and I have been going on decent walks each day. My diet has really improved, too. Don't worry though, I'm getting extra physical activity to my daily routine. Nothing quite like working in a manufacturing plant where you have to jump from plant 1 (first floor) to plant 2 (fifth floor) on a regular basis. Yeah stairs!!! No joke, a few weeks ago, there was one day that I made at LEAST 20 some trips back and forth. Good thing I can wear comfy shoes with my cute outfits!

Today's mission is to get new running shoes. My old pair of Asics were LOVED throughout last summer during training for IM Moo and I even stretched their lifespan out to complete the Memphis Marathon in December. Oops. DEFINITELY time for new shoes! Thank goodness for tax refunds!! :-)

Off to shopping, running, tuning up bikes, getting my membership to the local (nasty) pool.

**Click heels three times... there's nothing like open water swimming...there's nothing like open water swimming...there's nothing like open water swimming...** Come on really warm weather, heat up the reservoir so I can do REAL swimming!!

No comments: