Monday, March 3, 2008

Feelin Good

As promised, I went grocery shopping today. My fridge is overflowing with healthy food--whoopie!

It's going to be a full day. My Mandatory Monday Meredith Run had to be pushed back to around 9pm, which is quite a bit later than I usually like seeing as Tues/Thurs I need to be up for work at 4:45am.

Before heading out on my run, I took a nap. Or some might refer to it as an extended form of hibernation: 3 hours. I need that sleep considering the fact that I run my body down and I need to recharge it whenever the opportunity arises. Immediately following my nap, I ate an orange, drank a few glasses of water, stretched, then headed out on my run.

Tonight's run went well: the air was VERY cold and the wind was enough that it made me question that the temps read "Wind Chil 13". 13? Seriously? That was COLD! My feet were warm the whole time, but my hands were painfully numb even with my trusted Asics gloves that have carried me through much colder temperatures.

Running on the streets seems safer, so I stuck to medium-traffic roads. Keeping a moderate pace of about 9 minute miles, I moved through ISU's campus and around areas that I usually run during the day. Certain areas make me slightly more nervous running at night, but that just increases my motivation to keep moving forward.

Tonight, I decided, is the night to finish my audio book. I uploaded the files on to my iPod and listened to probably the most monotone voice ever reading me "What Should I Do With My Life?". Time management, folks, time management. I'm graduating in May and am taking advice from all areas...even books on tape. Don't judge.

Training Summary: Tonight felt great. My knees ached when I ran, but I attribute that to the cold weather. I ran for 40 minutes keeping my 9 minute-mile pace (or so I believe). The course was flat for the most part with one short downhill and one continuous uphill for about a quarter of a mile.

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Hi Meredith! Thank you for your kind words about my video and whether I should enter contest #2. I wish it wasn't another popularity contest too but what can we do ... Congrats on at least making it to round #2 and best of luck if you decide to enter again!!